Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT)
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY (AT) RESOURCES
WEB RESOURCES - Computer Access
- Typing Injury Frequently Asked Questions
Provides up-to-date information about typing and repetative work injury, includes warning signs, prevention strategies and products that may help alleviate typing injury.
- The One handed Typist
Resources and products to learn to type using one hand.
- Microsoft Accessibility
Site features information about how Microsoft products can be used to their full potential by all users.
- Apple Accessibility
Apple accessibility is a branch of the Apple Corporation working to make all Apple products accessible at no additional cost. This division is also responsible for employee training on accessibility.
- Ability Hub
A comprehensive site for resources concerning computer access for people with disabilities, including information about computer access for augmentive communication, blind and visually impaired, cognitive disabilities, deaf and hard of hearing, and learning disabled.
- What is Assistive Technology?
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Plan for Assistive Technology (download, Word-213KB)
- Assistive Technology Resource Centers
- Pennsylvania's Assistive Technology Lending Library
- REEP—Recycled Equipment Exchange Project
- TDDP—Telecommunication Device Distribution Program
- Assistive Technology Device Demonstration
- Funding for Assistive Technology
- Related Websites
Voice: 800-204-PIAT (7428), in state
TTY: 866-268-0579, in state
Institute on Disabilities
1601 N. Broad Street
University Services Bldg., Suite 610
Philadelphia, PA 19122